The BI Acceleration is a recently developed approach for intensifying BI performance of SAP NetWeaver based on SAP’s classification and search engine TREX, and on predefined hardware handed over by SAP hardware companions.
It is encased as an instrument to employ with SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (BI) and comes up with augmenting performance for Online Analytical Processing in an Enterprise Data Warehousing IT scenario.
A TREX gathering engine for dealing with organized business data inflates the performance. The features from the BI InfoCubes are inscribed in the BI Accelerator and kept in reserve in its subsystem of the storage as TREX indexes.
The Business Intelligence Accelerator indexes are stacked into memory and put to use to answer the OLAP queries completely in memory. Bi Acceleration undoubtedly minimizes its response time. Specifically for huge data volumes.
SAP NetWeaver business intelligence customers who adopt the BI Accelerator can ascertain substantial enhancement regarding query performance through vertical and horizontal data partitioning. In-memory data compression with almost no administrative overhead.
In view of the fact that the BI Accelerator is handed over to the customer as a preloaded and pre-installed system on intricate hardware as a business intelligence accelerator box. The initial configuration and installation have been made by the hardware partner and there are no extra administrative tasks that needed to be made by the customer for the introductory usage of the BI Accelerator.
SAP BI Accelerator at work:
- Data is stacked from the system of sources and put into an SAP InfoCube.
- An index is Put up for this InfoCube and loaded inside the appliance of the BI accelerator.
- BI accelerator indexes are filled into memory from where the queries are processed. In memory, aggregations and joins are done at the time of compilation. At the first query request. The stacking of indexes onto the memory is done automatically. Or it can also be set for pre-installation whenever new Information is loaded.
- At Compiling time, the analytic engine receives the query requests. This in turn redirects the queries to the BI accelerator.
- Finally, the Query results are reciprocated to the end-user application
Benefits of BI Accelerator:
- It processes the queries and responds quickly.
- It loads faster, as total change runs attributable to master data changes are operated by the BI accelerator instead of on top of InfoCubes.
- BI Accelerator may help to get rid of the need to manage with an Online Analytical Processing Cache.
- It comes with a much lower maintenance cost.
- Business intelligence Accelerator eradicates the necessity to produce relational aggregates.
- BI Accelerator may eliminate the necessity of logical partitioning on the Business Intelligence side.
- BI Accelerator terminates in less tuning and planning on the part of database administrators. As the demand grows, the system multiplies up by adding blades.
Shortcomings of BI Accelerator:
- At present, the source of data for the BI accelerator can only be an SAP InfoCube. It Would not work with any other SAP data sources like DSO.
- There is currently a one-to-one association between an instance of a BI Accelerator and SAP BI. Sharing of many SAP BI instances with a separate BI accelerator is not supported yet.
- There is presently not a failover mechanism for the business intelligence accelerator. Nonetheless, this is not likely to be a very time-consuming task in view of the fact that the search prototype is involved.