Many times, gamers might require a VPN to ensure the safety and a better gaming experience for their devices. The reasons why a person might need a VPN for gaming are mentioned below-
- A person might need a VPN to ensure that hackers do not interfere and distort their game. VPN safeguards the player’s game from any intruders trying to interfere in fair gameplay.
- Also, every game has some features whose availability depends upon the location of a person. For e.g., some characters or attires may be available in the US but not in India. To get access to those items, one might require a VPN so that he can play with the location where that item is available and get hold of those items.
- Also, there might be circumstances where some games are banned by the government and so in order to play those games, a person might need VPN so that he can play them hideously.
- Moreover, sometimes some versions of a game are launched in a particular part of the world and are not launched in the rest of the world. For the players to have access to that exclusive version, they might need to use a VPN.
But while using a VPN, determining its protocols is very important. You should choose the VPN which comes with the best VPN protocol depending upon your needs and usage. There are many of them such as tunnelbear, ExpressVPN, Surfshark and so more. These companies also include ExpressVPN discount deals by which you can save some money in your wallet with so ease.
VPN Protocols For Gaming
- IKev2 is a famous protocol that combines itself with IPsec technology in order to provide an amazing level of security. Although it was originally created for Microsoft and Cisco, today it is a worldwide famous VPN protocol used on almost all types of devices.
- It comes with 256-bit encryption which is the best level of encryption present in the world. Its authentication process is certificate-based and only allows any action by any person when his identity is confirmed.
- It is a very quick VPN with good speeds to ensure that your gaming experience is not lagged. This is also lightweight so that the speed of the device you are using it on is not hindered.
- It is a great option when a person needs to use it for playing games on mobile phones.
- It is another VPN protocol that is combined with IPsec technology to provide a VPN service with robust security features. PPTP is believed to have inspired this extension, which is called a TPEP extension.
- The aim was created for the needs of Microsoft and Cisco along with everyone else. It too comes with 256-AES encryption making it a secure VPN.
- It provides decent speeds to the users and is a good option for gaming especially online gaming if a person wants to secure his gaming experience.
- It is one of the most famous and trusted VPN protocols. This is widely used by many VPN service providers around the world to ensure the safety of their users.
- It is a fast VPN but is regarded to be resource-intensive. It,s might take up a lot of resources which would consequently affect the speed of the VPN and thus your gaming experience.
- It makes use of only one CPU and thus might take a bit longer in the process of encryption or decryption of data. Yet its security features are quite strong.
- It comes with 256-bit encryption that makes your gaming experience very safe and secure. Yet, it is a bit difficult to install and configure, especially for beginners.
- Softether earlier launched a VPN protocol and later launched a VPN of its own. It is considered a very fast VPN protocol by all VPN companies.
- It comes with many security benefits and 256-bit It is an open-source VPN, which makes it even more transparent and effective. Is It has come into the market recently, with all the technological advancements.
- In order to use the Softether protocol, a person needs to download third-party apps. It is compatible with all types of operating systems and is a very quick and secure protocol.
- PPTP or Point-to-Point Tunnelling protocol is a very famous VPNs protocol. It is used widely by a lot of VPNs around the world. Its supports all the major operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- It comes with Microsoft Point to Point Tunnelling protocol. It provides really good speeds to the users and thus is a great option for gamers who love to play with a good speed connection.
- Due to its minimal encryption, it comes with the best gaming speeds in comparison to all its competitors.
- Although, there is a drawback that its security parameters are not that robust as compared to other VPNs protocols. Thus, it is a good option if a person wants to use a VPNs for purposes other than security.
Therefore, we have read about the famous protocols which have been used widely for the purpose of high-speed and secure gaming. Therefore, you can choose a perfect VPNs software for your perfect gaming experience, and do make sure that you should know about the VPNs protocol they use for the purpose, and if it is the best for you.